Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Projects to come.....

So I have two projects in the works. I am making Nolan a new 'lovey'. Jason's sister made one for Nolan before he was born and he LOVED it. He carried it around everywhere. He rubbed the little tags on his face, and we attached a pacifier to it. It was with him 24/7. We lost it at the mall somewhere 2 weeks ago. So I'm attempting to make him a new one. I don't sew at all, so this should be interesting. It took me over an hour to get the sewing machine "set up" with threading the bobbin, etc. I was reading the manual and trying different things. When I finished I told Jason it was harder than my college finals...ha! Don't judge me if you are a professional crafter, I'm so not! I'm definitely a beginner, but I'm going to try!!
I'm also in the process of making a chore chart. We preach to our kids all the time about how we are a TEAM and we stick together no matter what, so I thought we should ALL be included on the chore chart. I'm not finished yet, but it is coming together. I got the hooks to hang under each name to hang the various chore cards on. Then I'm going to print off and laminate some chores. I'm guessing Nolan's name will be empty for a while unless his chore card says "run around and destroy everything in sight" because that's about all he does! I thought of putting a price on each chore for how much they could earn by completing the chore, but I'm not sure yet. I will post an 'after' picture of the projects when I'm finished.