I wrote an email to the breeder today, and just thought I would share it because it embodies all of my thoughts on Drake right now.
Janet,
I just wanted to send you an update on the puppy we received yesterday. We named him Drake. He is amazing! Last night was a little rocky because he was not a fan of the crate at bedtime. Today has been much better. He has gotten plenty of exercise outside and seems to be much more relaxed and calm. He only whines a few minutes when placed in the crate, and then he lays down and goes to sleep. He loves feeding time! We have had no problems with him eating or drinking. He has used the potty outside almost every time, but we watch him like a hawk. If he even sniffs around, we take him right outside. He already knows the sit command and will do it for a treat or for no treat. We ask him to sit before feeding and before leaving his crate, and he kindly obliges. He is not a fan of the harness or leash. We tried a short walk this morning but he wanted no part of the restraints. Living on 4.26 acres has been nice because we can take him out and not have to worry about any cars or people. Drake is a good boy. He embodies all the qualities of an airedale which I love. He is smart, handsome, curious, clown like at times, independent, confident, cautiously fearless, and fun! My daughters love him to pieces already. I don't know how he knows to do this, but he hasn't licked any of us yet, but he always licks the baby (8 months old). He will just give the baby a quick lick and moves on. With my older kids, he does nip at them a bit and always wants to play.
Thank you so much for all of the hard work you have put in over the years to have such wonderful puppies! I will definitely keep you posted on how things are going and will make sure to call you if I have any questions.

