

We had a very low key family New Year's Eve celebration this year. We hung around the house continuing to get things organized after switching all the rooms around upstairs. We cooked a nice meal, let the girls stay up until 9 pm, and had a family toast for New Year's. It was so funny because Kate had gone to her room (for crying for no reason), and Addy went upstairs to get her. We heard them on the monitor talking. Addy was telling Kate, "Kate you have to stop crying so you can come down for the ginger ale and toast. The ginger ale is like Sprite, and the toast will be bread and butter!" Ha! We had to explain to her that a "toast" was not bread and butter! Kids...too funny! Anyway, after the girls went to bed Jason and I watched a baseball movie that he got for Christmas and I fell asleep on the couch (per my usual routine these days). We were startled at midnight with the sound of fireworks going off in our neighborhood. We stepped on the porch and watched and listened and rang in the New Year!!! I am certain that 2012 is going to bring about great changes for the de Wolfe house!! I cannot wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment